Sunday, 24 July 2011

The Way of The Wind

It's been a long time, hasn't it!
Well, since last post (March!) the weather has warmed up a bit, and then cooled down a bit again.
Working on my worrying took less effort than I expected and has been pretty good so far.
Other than that I've not been up to much fun. Not as much cycling as I'd have liked, but life keeps getting in the way. Was hoping to get out on the bike this weekend but am poorly, so that will be 3 weekends off the bike in a row because I've got other stuff on next weekend as well :(

Paid the balance on our 1st week's self catering accomodation in France a few weeks ago, and haven't heard a peep since, which is starting to concern me a bit, despite another email asking for confirmation. Going to phone them up next week. Had a look at the website of the advertising agency and the availability calendar hasn't been updated since about 3 days after I made the initial booking, which is obviously causing me some concern..... wondering if we're going to have to take the tent... (and have I just lost several hundred £££ ?)

Had some great weather end of April-May time but this last month has been pretty crap. This weekend has felt more like autumn than summer. OTOH it's looked pretty crap at the GP in Germany today, so at least I know it's not just crap weather in sunny Scotland.

Got a busy time coming up. Big gay wedding of the year in 3 weeks time, and the Embra hen night in a week. Day before that I'm in Embra for a day's course in fish cookery at Martin Wishart, which should be good. I love fish, eat it all the time when we're out but I'm absolutely terrified of cooking it, so I'm hoping for big things.

Got a new lens for the Canon last week. Not used it much, but got an obligatory silly wide angle shot of Mojo when I was messing about:

Mojo 21 Jul by The Pingus

No comments:

Post a Comment