Watching the news tonight, being fed the latest developments in Afghanistan ('don't vote or we'll kill you'), I feel myself becoming quite miserable at the seeming futility of it all. Is this because we in the West have life so easy that we've got far too much time on our hands, leading us to spend all this effort wringing our hands about it all?
As far as I can see, men have such massive power over women there that there is little hope of emancipation in the medium term and until it occurs I can't see that the Taliban are likely to be beaten. They're not stupid either, they've worked out that an uneducated woman is an oppressed woman. Send your daughters to school, and the next thing you know they'll want to wear trousers and go to work. Much better to keep them in the dark, and to make sure the wife keeps putting out you can now starve her if she refuses sex!
Lolcat of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment