"Lovely Belgium". Just seen this in an old newspaper on the tv. "Lovely Belgium" is where we'll be this time next week. I can't wait, but there's a small part of me that worries I'm looking forward to it far too much, with old rose tinted memories of past visits and that I won't enjoy it as much. I am such a neep. (Replaces the word 'Finland' with 'Belgium' and disappears off singing it to the tune of 'Finland, Finland, Finland'). Hopefully the weather will be a little bit warmer than it has been of late. Pingu should be ready for a nice cycling holiday after his mechanical issues in Germany.
I think I need to move somewhere just a tiny bit warmer. I've been doing quite well (in general) on the not-being-too-much-of-a-pie front during the 'summer', but this past chilly week or two all I've wanted to do is eat!
I'm so annoyed that the Rosyth-Zeebrugge ferry is being axed again. Not entirely surprised, but pissed off nevertheless. You would think after 'volcanogate' (I can't be bothered looking up the name of the Icelandic volcano) that any marketing person worth their salt would have been able to increase the number of bodies using their service to get to Europe. I've not even seen much advertising in the newspapers, let alone any special offers like they seem to do on the English and Irish ferries. Rubbish. Apparently they're still going to be running a freight service on this route, so I guess next time I want to take my bike to Europe (without it getting mangled by baggage gorillas) I'll either have to drive to Newcastle, or stowaway in the back of a lorry from Rosyth like an illegal immigrant. If only they could have got rid of the Newcastle ferry instead of the Rosyth ferry, it would have made more sense. Not that far for people from Newcastle to drive to Rosyth, people from further south could go to Hull, and us poor Northern sods wouldn't be getting left in the dark again.
The gym is going pretty well, I'm getting well hooked on the endorphins now. I really notice the difference if I don't go. And even the treadmill is not going bad. I'm by no means one of nature's runners, but I'm managing a whole 30 mins on the treadmill and completed all my intervals twice, despite the odd boredom. What I could do with is some sort of turbo-trainer like program on the screen though. In general at the times I go it's a toss up between music videos (which I don't watch cos I can't use earbuds and move), Sky News (over my dead body) or Escape to the Country (at least I get to have a nosey inside other people's houses). But a little simulation with something vaguely interesting to look at on the way would be nice.
Lolcat of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment