Sunday, 17 October 2010

Stream of Conciousness

It's been a while, I know. Since I've been off your screens I've mainly been on holiday in Belgium (nice but mostly shut), working (no comment) and not a whole lot else really! Tweeting has been the preferred medium of late (see links) as I've not had a whole lot to say for myself.
It's been a month since we got back from holiday, and in that time I've only been out on my bike once (not counting my piffling wee commute). After being full of the cold all this week I was feeling better yesterday so today I managed to persuade myself out of bed (it did take a lot of internal conversation about how much I love being on my bike and how happy it would make me) and we went for a wee ride. We did 100km, which was a bit more than I was expecting. I was feeling tired though, not doing any real cycling for a month makes a big difference! But at least I got some miles back in my legs at last.

A couple of weeks ago, Mr P took me to St Andrews for the weekend (my compensation for not going to Germany in August). We went to The Peat Inn for lunch (couldn't get dinner at such short notice). It was amazing! I really, really want to go back for dinner now, the food was just great. [Hint!].

On Friday night our washing machine died (see what an exciting life I lead, Watching The Clothes go round?). It made a bang during a spin cycle and then proceeded to try to drill down to the flat downstairs. I hate to think what it sounded like down there. I put another small load on afterwards (for scientific porpoises) and it was just as bad. I had to leave the kitchen when it was spinning as I was terrified it was going to explode something fast and heavy in my direction.
On Saturday I was still feeling a little bit lurgied in the morning, so while Mr P went out on his bike, I used my technogeek-fu and ripped all the side panels off the washer so I could inspect the giblets. While I was trawling teh internets looking for info on diagnosing/fixing my washer I came upon this You Tube channel. He really does love washing machines! Weirdly enough there seem to be hundreds of clips all over You Tube of various different models of washing machine during their spin cycles. The mind boggles! What do we call these people? Spinnies?
Anyway, after much grovelling on the floor and navel-gazing, I decided that I probably could replace the (likely) offending parts but at 8 yrs old there was no guarantee that something a bit more gnarly like the motor or the bearing wouldn't fall to bits a couple of weeks later. So I decided to bite the bullet and spring £many for a new Miele washing machine. These seem to be much beloved by the denizens of yacf and are supposed to be built like a tank and made to last for oodles of years. Just don't tell Mr P how much....
It's coming on Thursday.

Lolcat of teh day

No comments:

Post a Comment