Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Unnatural Selection

Running. It's just not good for you, is it?
Spurred on by last week's visit to 'the fat monitoring scale of evil' (with apologies to Bill Bailey), I decided that desperate measures were called for and made my first steps on a treadmill for more years than I care to remember.
Today I was trying to do intervals (max fat burning, apparently). Suprisingly I was getting on ok - in as much as I didn't want to faint or boak, and I wasn't gasping for breath. But every step at the higher rate was killing my shins. And I was going at a bit above my max heart rate for aerobic intensity as well. But then that whole max HR= 220- your age is a load of old hooey anyway. If you don't feel like you're going to cough your lungs up you're prolly not working hard enough.
I hope it gets easier.

I see Mr Brown is talking about rushing some rules through the house to abolish the MP's 2nd home allowance and to replace it with a flat rate commons attendance allowance. I should blinking well hope so too, and they should link the allowance to rates of attendance - i.e. if you don't turn up to do your job for a minimum period, you don't get the allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment