1st 200km of the year on Sat, follows approximately thus:
Arise at 0445H (WTF?), event starts 0600H. Plod from Ballachulish to Oban to catch 0930 ferry to Mull. Arrive Oban approx 0830 and don't find any purveyors of food.
Get on ferry and have sausage softie (2nd breakfast of the day). Decide it was so good I could shove down another one, and do so.
Singularly fail to get any other proper meals during the day due to a combination of being a) so incredibly slow that I have no time for 40 minute lunches in hotels due to ripping my legs off just to reach next ferry in time, and b) places near said ferry being horribly greasy spoons.
So between my 2 sausage softies at 10am and the finish I manage to share a muffin, have a couple of snack bars during the day, before at 6pm deciding I am totally starving, missing out on another pub stop due to being in a hurry for yet another ferry and have a dinner of 3 snacky bars.
Finally get dragged over the line by my ever willing domestique around the closing time at the finish (nearly 8pm). They are serving pasta bolognese at the finish followed by sticky toffee pudding.
Poeple probably reckon I am a right misanthrope, with not much to say for myself but all I could do was shovel food in my cakehole as soon as it was put in front of me. I think I had seriously undereaten during the day. When the sticky toffee appeared I was still eating my pasta.
Thinks I "getting a bit full here, will never manage that pudding, but better at least try to be polite". Well I was obviously still hungry cos I managed a full plate of that as well. Plus about 10 cups of tea afterwards.
All of which goes to show, long distance cycling turns you into a right greedy bastard.
Lolcat of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment