My commuter needs a new coat of paint. It's all cracked and falling off near where the chainstays meet. And it looks a bit rusty underneath. So I hope it's only paint I need. Unfortunately no bike painters round here, and the powder coaters round these parts are massively expensive (oil industry prices, innit?). Not quite sure what to do there. Stuck between not wanting to lose my bike for weeks and not wanting to spend huge amounts of moolah. Hmmmmm......
My science still isn't working, which sucks. I did some further investigations yesterday which led me to conclude that a) it's probably not me and b) it's probably not the kit, which leaves c) the chemicals aren't working. Thing is I don't know why, and although there's prolly nothing I can do about it, I take it quite personally, which leads to frustration and grumps. I predict the grumps are only going to get worse, being as the tech work for the tender needs to be finished at the end of Sept and I'm supposed to do 2 sets of tests before then which are likely to take around 4 weeks each, and I still haven't got the bits of rock to do the tests on yet. Now + 8 weeks = after the tender submission date, even with my poor grasp of mathematics. Sigh. I think I will be needing a lie down in a darkened room when it's all over.
Pingu says I should cheer up 'because our planet hasn't been developed by a giant star-goat'.
Lolcat of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment