We're having another 4 day weekend here at Pingu Towers. I could get used to working 4 days a week. Haha!
Friday we did a quick 80-odd km from Ballater up to Glenshee. It was a lovely stiff headwind all the way up the hill. On the way back down from Braemar to Ballater Pingu & I had a mini time trial (with tail wind) after he told me we could get back in an hour if I stayed above 28kph. So I did really try hard. I'm not used to keeping up that level of work over that sort of distance, so my legs were ready to drop off by the time we finished. Did it in about 50-55 mins though which was good.
Saturday I was being a lazy sod, so I packed Pingu off on his bike and I finished painting the living room. Hooray, it's finished!! Much joy and stuff abounds. I'm not doing any more decorating. Well, not until I've had the holey wall in the bedroom re-plastered, and god knows when that will be.
Today we set off from home and eventually went up the Cairn O'Mount the 'wrong' way. I had a toastie at Clatterin' Brig and was looking forward to a nice piece of Millionaire Shortbread, when a huge squad of bikers turned up and scoffed the lot. If it wasn't them it was the old wrinklies.
I was not impressed and grumbled about the lack of cakeage to halfway up Drumtochty Glen.
I worked quite hard again on the speed this morning, which was fine until on the way home we got to Stonehaven where my legs decided they'd had enough and my whimpers appeared.
10km from home I had to stop and nom some sweet tasty brambles for a bit of a boost.
Lolcat of the day, prolly the week actually....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment