I'm back, and I've just finished reading the very excellent Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. A paper he referenced caught my eye and I've just given it a scan over: Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments by Kruger and Dunning.
It is rather tongue-in-cheek but it amused me very much. Basically, the authors say that the truly incompetent massively over-estimate their own abilities. Figure 2 at the bottom of page 5 was a rather stark representation of this.
And if you know why I'm writing about this, you know why I'm writing about this!
Moving swiftly on, I got another jury citation in the post this morning (they always come on a Saturday, just to spoil your weekend) telling me to attend court on the 5th Jan. We're going sliding down mountains on planks on the 9th Jan so that could be tricky.....grr.
Anyway, there were many good lols to choose from but eventually I settled on this one for
Lolcat of the day
And 2 cats have a mexican standoff over some noms while a third profits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment