Got out on the bike today for the first time in weeks. (We've both been utterly apathetic recently).
Mr P seemed to be in ICBA mode but he didn't take much persuading to go out. Made good progress on the outward leg but then we found that we'd had the benefit of a tail wind the whole way, so we paid for it on the return leg.
Poor Mr P got bitten by a dog as we cycled past a farm, the wee git ripped a hole in his shorts, but fortunately not himself. It then came round to have a go at me as well, but having been forewarned by Mr P's shouts, I managed to give it a right good bollocking and the worst it did to me was give me a good scare fortunately.
I was all for finding the farmer and giving him a bollocking but Mr P was a bit too angry I think.
I am booked to go on my first trip offshore for 2 years on Thursday. I'm torn between a mixture of being quite pleased cos I could do with the cash to help pay for our skiing holiday, and dreading it because it's so bloody boring! And I have a low boredom threshold. I also can't decide which is worse, dayshift or nightshift. I don't like nights because it feels quite lonely and a bit depressing, but on the other hand you can just sit on your butt reading or watching DVD's between sampling jobs cos there's no-one about to see you, whereas during the day you feel like you're supposed to be looking busy, despite there not being very much to actually do. I find it really frustrating to be 'looking busy' when there is bugger all to do. Hey ho!
Went shopping yesterday, not christmas shopping (heaven forfend!) but just for me. I treated myself to some nice new undies. It was v busy though, I don't know how people can spend several days each winter traipsing round the shops buying crappy christmas presents. I'm not a big shopper at the best of times but the run up to christmas is a disaster area!
And finally before we do lolcat of the day, I have to link to this wonderful offering from Rathergood.com, a short tribute ditty to Science by Richard Dawkins. WARNING: NSFW! Science is Interesting.
Lolcat of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment