Hooray, the end is in sight! It's definitely starting to get a little lighter in the mornings, and this is a Good ThingTM. Thank god all that snow has gone away too. I spent the whole xmas hols sat on my fat ass cos it was too damn icy to go for a walk anyway, and as for cycling, forget it!
When I finally got back on my bike last Monday after being off since 21st Dec I had a girt big smile on my face, despite it being a post-holiday Monday.
Ski hol was good too, except the bit where I had to spring €lotsof to replace the hire shop's skis after I lost one off piste. Still, at least nobody got hurt.
Might even get some more snowsports in this year, as I'm possibly going to a scale and skiing conference in March, which would be good. Definitely take out the hire shop insurance next time though!
The wallet will be a bit hurty this month though cos the car is getting MOT'd next week as well so I'm expecting that to be fairly painful, but hopefully I'll get a nice wee trip offshore which will help....
I haven't had much ranting recently but today I'm glad to see that the GMC have taken a suitably dim view of Dr Andrew 'MMR' Wakeman's activities. Not so glad to hear the gubbinsment talking about having a fund for paying the Taliban to stop being naughty and blowing people up. Come on, it's an ideological thing, they're not just doing it cos they're on the dole and they haven't got anything better to do!
Anyway, I really enjoyed today's lolcat of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
think we were lucky here as didnt get alot of ice just good snow then it thawed real quick with a drying wind off the sea...lot of folk have cabin fever around the country!...
ReplyDeleteMe included!
ReplyDelete