Sunday, 28 March 2010

It's all a bit icky

My scald, that is. (Warning, this post may contain traces of ick)
Total FAIL at the pharmacy (who didn't seem to have ever heard of gel burn dressings) and the not-very-supermarket (my fault for being in a rush) led to me ending up with hydrocolloid blister plasters for putting on it, instead of proper hydrocolloid burn dressings.
The business area of the plaster just covers the area where I have no skin, but I think it's not quite large enough to really cope. The plaster I put on yesterday evening was starting to come off when I got up today - and there was a nice crusty deposit on my skin nearby, presumably where the exudate had saturated the hydrocolloid and seeped out of the plaster. Mmmmm!
So I put a new one on today and by the looks of it, it's full already. These things are supposed to remain on for a few days! Think I might have to have a trip to Boots if it doesn't stop weeping everywhere.....

Anyway, the weather was pants today but at least I got my bikes washed and lubed. The Roberts was squeaking like a small flock of birds yesterday and I felt really guilty.

Lolcat of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment