Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Spring Is Coming....eventually

Well, I have been sitting in the middle of the North Sea for a week but back at work today. What fun that all was! Still, it was a week out of the same old same old at the office, and the money will always come in handy for much gadget spendyness, c'mon, what's not to like about an OS which names it's releases after cakes? (cupcake, donut, eclair).
Had yesterday off and managed to get the friendly slater round to bung up all the leaky holes in the roof, so hopefully we won't have a wall with a fur coat in the loft for much longer - yuk!

Weekend before last we took a trip to Glasgow and went to the Clockwork Brewery and the West Brewing Co. On balance I preferred the Clockwork, although the food at West was different as there were German choices on the menu as well as the more standard pub fare. However the beer pricing at West was piss poor. A half pint of beer was nearly 2/3rds of the price of a full pint! I object to having to pay premium prices for a small quantity of beer merely so I don't get plastered as quickly as I do on pints! And there were on 2 West beers on tap, while the Clockwork had more like 5 on. Nom nom nom for beer....

Got home from work tonight and it was still light, I like it, and the snow has gone again (although it could be back again). I'd like it to be all gone proper when I get back from Norway as I'll be desperate to get some proper weekend bike miles in by then. I'm starting to get bike separation anxiety again.

Lolcat of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment