Today in politics - Gillian Duffy. Fair enough, she's entitled to express her views, but I think GB has just come across as a bit weak by grovellingly apologising for calling her a 'bigoted woman'. To be fair, I think bigot is not really an unfair label given what she said. Her whole comment about "You can't say anything about the immigrants because you're saying that you're … but all these eastern European what are coming in, where are they flocking from?"
Well duuuh, eastern Europe! If you're going to pick up on one particular area people are immigrating from, how does that sound? A bit anti-immigrant if you ask me.
I reckon he'd have been better apologising if she was offended but sticking to his guns.
Meanwhile, in the Eurozone, Greece is bust and it appears Spain is on the slippery slope too. I wonder if this means my european summer holiday will be a bit cheaper this year....will the Euro take a hammering against the pound? But then I suppose our election will have a bearing on the Euro to Sterling rates too....
Lolcat of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, once again a politician has made a private comment that most people would probably have made, but he's so stupid, or unlucky, that he's still got the bloody mic on as he get in the car. Then he's not got the balls to stand by what he said.
ReplyDeleteOn another matter, if Spain's in such dire financial straits, how come they seem to have been buying up UK assets willy nilly for the last few years, or is that another case of borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.
Bile over.
No, that's Spanish businesses (Santander I presume) that's been buying, not the country, or gubbinsment, of Spain.
ReplyDelete