So after Pingu had recovered from his man-flu we went out for my birfday tea on Wednesday to Cafe 52. It's a bit of a funny old place, sometimes it's really good, sometimes not so good, and the service can be a bit lacking.
Started off ok, the music was reasonably varied and quite good. Then we got the wrong wine, not a massive deal but it was the start. We ordered our mains to come with a side order of chips. Which we had to remind them about. They didn't come until we'd nearly finished our main courses. But I thought, maybe all will be sorted out with a nice pudding.... No, by this point they'd started playing fairly hardcore dance music, which for 8.30 in a resto on a Weds night was a bit much. And it seemed like they were just going to keep playing the same thing. By the time I'd decided what i was having for pudding I'd also decided I couldn't cope with the noize anymore so we decided to cut our losses. No pudding for me.
Fast forward to Saturday and we went thru to Embra where we went to David Bann veggie resto for lunch. Food was lovely, atmos good and the service pretty close to impeccable. I'd already narrowed it down to between 2 puddings before I ordered, and I only had a main, no starter. But by the time I'd finished my lovely main I had no room for pudding!!
I haz lost my pudding fu :(
Lolcat of teh day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment