Thursday, 18 June 2009

And The Beat Goes On

But not Born Under Punches, it would seem. £609 for 'trimming the hedges round ones helipad' get stuffed! Yes, it's the official publication of MP's expenses today, albeit very much redacted. They seemed so surprised by the public reaction, but what did they expect? Who honestly thinks that to provide a home near Commons business should include the buying of food? Fair enough, if you're travelling on business and staying in a hotel you need your eating out expenses to be paid for. But if your expenses cover a HOME, which presumably has a kitchen, probably outfitted with the best in white goods courtesy of John Lewis, then why does the taxpayer need to buy your food, which presumably you would be paying for yourself if you were at your 1st home.... (har de har).
I'd be on permanent holiday if I could persuade my employer to pay my grocery bills, I think I could probably manage an an extra 3 or 4 trips abroad every year, or perhaps just 2 if I went superposhclass.....

No comments:

Post a Comment