Sunday, 21 June 2009

Equinox

What a beautiful midsummer's day it has been!
Went for a little pootle down in Bob country today. Nothing massively long, a mere 47km, but we did climb up the steep south side of the Cairn O'Mount which was good, a bit of a tail wind and some nice sun (except for the top, where we ate banana & choc chip loaf in the cloud). Then we hurtled back down the way we came - disappointingly only got up to 69.1kph but it's not the straightest road, and stopped for a bite at the Clatterin Brig. We'd previously gone the 'wrong way' up Drumtochty Glen which is always pretty and I saw a deer at the kirk. Then on the homeward leg we stoppped for a nice pint of ale before a cuppa beside Bob's pond in the sun which was baking.

Done all my packing for Barca, I'm sure I have enough clothes to wear for 12 days, not 7, but there's nothing worse than going somewhere and getting a fancy shmancy posh dinner sprung on you, or pouring some food item down yourself and looking a right mess. I think I should have been a scout - 'Be prepared'!
Really looking forward to it, shame our hotel at the weekend is out of the town by a couple of miles, hopefully the public transport will win through though.

No comments:

Post a Comment