Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Un-yippee

Massive quote from slater = meh. Going to try another one the bloke next door recommended. I hope it's a bit lower. So the painting isn't going to start yet because I need a plasterer, and I'm not getting plastered until I find out exactly how much of a sting the roof is going to be. So maybe by Christmas I might have the walls painted....
What else has happened this week? Oh yeah, Air France suck goats. Can I get a straight answer about whether we can take our bikes on holiday? No. Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth (it's no blinking wonder I need a dental splint). Wither under my hardest stare, you and all the other pesky air travel type people out there who like to make life difficult.

On the plus side it's only 12 days til the Barcelona jolly so hopefully that should be some bonus sun, and maybe some fun, without any bike related grief.
Speaking of hard stares, Pippin is clawing my back, I think she's telling me it's time she had a lap.

Mmm yes, some Sigur Ros, that makes everything seem a bit more chilled.
I think what I need is some sort of brain feedback loop, so that when everything starts to go a bit pear shaped in life and my blood pressure goes up, a cranial sound system cranks out 'John Kettley Is A Weatherman' by A Tribe of Toffs = instant jollity.

"Death to potatoes!" This is the rallying call of the supporters of the opposition candidate Mr Mousavi in the Iranian presidential election. Apparently because President Ahmadinejad handed out potatoes to the rural poor when he was campaigning last time around. It's interesting seeing footage of people getting so excited about an election that they go and chant in the streets, compared to the complete apathy we have here. Death to potatoes! I like it.

Lolcat of the day
and,
BOGOF lolcat of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment